Dear Friends of Choral Music
The beautiful experience of organizing a World Symposium on Choral Music has given me the possibility of getting to know the huge magnitude of choral activity around the world and reinforces the presence of IFCM in different continents.
In the past months, the Symposium organizers, members of CIC Foundation, participated in varied activities where we perceived the enthusiasm and the motivation of many colleagues from all around the World arriving at Puerto Madryn in August next year.
First, it was the AMERICA CANTAT Festival in May in Brazil where conductors and choirs from the continent spent ten days of intense activity and shared experiences prior to the Symposium. Latin America and Argentina are preparing with great expectation to welcome the choral world.
Then, the IFCM Board met in Barcelona (8-10 July) and once more we received the support from the numerous members and advisors present there as well as from new institutions from Australia to South Africa to the NKF (Nordisc KorForum), various extremes of the world, who are cooperating with us in spreading the word. I also attended the World Choir Games in ShaoXing, China, meeting friends and colleagues and talking with the directors of the Interkultur Foundation. This reinforced the idea that the coming Symposium in Patagonia will reunite the great world choral family.
As organizers we are astonished because our website www.wscm9.com has more than eight hundred and fifty active users and we daily receive registrations and questions from all over the world.
This is why we want to tell you that:
- The Master Classes directed by Great Maestros and with excellent demonstration choirs are open to all delegates who wish to attend them, but active students (four to six people in each Master Class maximum) must be younger than 35 years old and must send their VC (no longer than one A4 page) and a recommendation letter by a prestigious maestro before March 31, 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can only register to participate in the Symposium “on line” at wscm9.com Please remember that before registering as a participant you must log in as a website user, where you must indicate your e-mail address. We will contact you in reference to your registration.
Please carefully read the “Guide for successful registration” in the website before you register. In case of doubt, please write to email@example.com
- YES! It is possible to attend the Symposium with an accompanying person. The cost is just € 100.- which grants access to Mid-day and Gala Concerts with a seat by the delegate to the Choral Expo, the Open Singing and the Social Activities.
- Many people are asking how to get to Puerto Madryn: simple! From any point of the planet, there are more than forty airlines flying daily to Buenos Aires from all parts of the Americas, Europe, Africa and Oceania arriving at the International Airport “Ministro Pistarini” in Ezeiza (Buenos Aires). From there, travelers move to the domestic airport “Aeroparque Jorge Newbery”, from where there are at least five daily flights to the cities of PUERTO MADRYN (Andes Líneas Aéreas) or TRELEW (Aerolíneas Argentinas). You won’t be alone! Members of our organization and of Argentina Visión – official tour operator for the Symposium – will be clearly identified waiting for travelers at the airports.
- Aerolineas Argentinas has an interesting offer to fly to Trelew and other touristic cities in our country for a relatively inexpensive price with a package of many related flights named “VISIT ARGENTINA”. Ask for this alternative!
Choral Music purifies the soul and fills the heart with life. We are waiting for you at the 9th World Symposium on Choral Music in Puerto Madryn in Argentinean Patagonia, a small city where we will meet on every corner, in every concert, in every restaurant and where we’ll all enjoy close contact with Nature, SINGING THE WORLD…!
For anticipation check the AGENDA AT A GLANCE!
Translated from the Spanish by Maria de las Mercedes Zavala Tello, CIC Foundation’s Secretary
Revised by Philip Brunelle, USA